Navigating the estate administration process or probate can overwhelm families. If you find yourself handling this process alone, we have the knowledge and skills to support you every step of the way. Whether you need help with routine probate advice or understanding complicated trust provisions, we are here to assist you. Many family members who serve as Personal Representatives or Trustees are unaware of their fiduciary duties toward the beneficiaries of an estate or trust. Our team will guide you and your family in fulfilling these responsibilities precisely and carefully.
- Advise family members and beneficiaries of estates regarding their rights and interests in the estates.
- Assist personal representatives in connection with their appointment as such with the proper probate court, court filings and notices, payment of debts and expenses, and transfer of assets throughout the probate process.
- Drafting of deeds, business transfer documents, and assignments to effect the terms of the governing estate planning documents.
- Ancillary probate advisor.
- Preparation and filing of necessary IRS forms and transfer tax returns including Form 706 estate tax return and portability elections.
- Coordination with business and asset valuation consultants, life insurance advisors, financial planners, and accountants.
- Serve directly as Executor of estates.